Tuesday 23 October 2012

TUESDAY 23RD OCTOBER-WEEK 12


Hello everyone - how you doing?! Thank you so much for all your letters/e-mails this week... I really appreciate it! I will try and reply asap!
 
Well, here's week twelve: this has been a great week for me! We've had some really good experiences but I really wanted to concentrate on yesterday - we had a mission conference in which Elder Scott Whiting of the Quorum of the Seventy came and spoke to us. It was AWESOME - he trained on how we, as missionaries, can develop the authority we hold into spiritual power through faith, obedience and unity. He highlighted that there is a huge difference... that if we wanted to be 'the missionaries are mums think we are', we needed to step up our game and enhance that power that we are entitled to when we live in the way Heavenly Father expects us to.
 
We were also asked to prepare a five minute discourse on the Doctrine of Christ (namely faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins, the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end) and we were told that Elder Whiting would choose a few of us to share it during conference. Well.... guess who got asked first ha?! It was a great experience though - I read one quote from Elder Oaks ('the purpose of the gospel is to transform common creatures into celestial citizens!') and then bore testimony of how the Gospel of Jesus Christ allows man to change into something better! It was a really spiritual meeting and it was also great to see some of my MTC district that our outside our zone!
 
I'm loving my mission! I appreciate all your prayers and love you all,
 
Elder Pelham

No comments:

Post a Comment