Wednesday 10 April 2013

MONDAY 11TH MARCH 2013-WEEK 32

Hey everyone,
 
I don't have much time unfortunately but I wanted to share with you Kavin's baptism this past Saturday! So, one of the coolest things about it was that, when Kavin prayed to know when to be baptized, he chose the 9th March which gave us a month to get ready for him to make that covenant with God.
 
Well, as some of you may know, that is my cousin Josh's birthday (he turned 21) but it was also his mission farewell before he leaves to the Preston MTC on the 13th March! That has been one of the few things I've actually had difficulty with missing out on whilst on my mission but a perfect Father in Heaven knew that the only place better than home (supporting my cousin) was to be 'at the waters of Mormon' with my good friend Kavin, helping him on the path 'home'. Indeed, the coolest thing was knowing that, in a small way, that baptism was a celebration of the very cause that Josh has decided to commit himself to over the next two years!
 
The service itself was beautiful - two of the sister missionaries and I sung 'Amazing Grace' and the Spirit was very tangible as we considered how reliant we are upon the Saviour's Atonement. And then, we watched Elder Ovard baptize Kavin... wow, it was powerful! Kavin came out of the water with the biggest smile... you could see how much it meant to him! When they came back, Kavin sat with Barbara and Seth (two others who I've been blessed to work with) and to watch them there as a family almost brought me to tears! It was just a perfect a moment; a perfect visual for the purpose of the gospel of Jesus Christ... to eternally unite families! I feel so blessed to be a part of this wonderful story - to have made friends to the point it's going to be hard to leave them! But I know they'll be fine as they take the path way together as a family now :)
 
So, transfer news: I'm leaving Poquoson after seven and a half months! I am going to miss this place... it's become like home to me and I love the people here! I will ALWAYS remember Poquoson and will visit after the mission! I feel like these streets are the place where I went from a boy to a man! I know the work will be great here :) I have now been assigned to serve in the Midlothian YSA branch and serve as a zone leader up there - it's going to be a strecthing but rewarding experience! I'll let you know more on the next week! Just keep us in your prayers please!
 
Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment